Well it’s been longer than anticipated. I didn’t realize that so much time had passed since my last post, but it seems as though time has gotten away from me yet again. Busy as usual around here. Those pesky renovations are almost done. My father-in-law was here to help hubby as he is not able to bend, kneel, stand on a ladder etc.. Thankfully he was willing to come and give him a hand to get things done quickly and it’s been a big help as we are now nearing the end. Hubby still has not heard back from his interview. He did call and was told that a decision had not yet been made and they would receive notice either way so keep praying or wishing or hoping for him, we appreciate all the positive thoughts!
May is nearly upon us and with that comes Mother’s Day. I am blessed to have many wonderful women in my life who deserve to be celebrated. My mom is awesome and I have a wonderful Mother-in-law (yes you read that right!). They are both strong women, good role models who allow me to live my life as I see fit, supporting me in every endeavour, offering advice when asked but leaving it to me to decide. What more could a girl ask for. I have a new Step-mom who is a great lady and who treats us as if we were her own. She is also helpful, supportive and shows she cares in many ways. I also have two amazing, really amazing Grandmothers, ladies I try to emulate and live up to. They both had many children, lived tough lives and are still going strong and there are my hubby’s two grandmother’s also who have taught me how to cook his favourite meals, tended to my children lovingly and are always there for us when we need them. I wanted to celebrate the special relationship between mothers and daughters and so I recently held a fun day for my friends and their girls and photographed their special bond. I love the images. They are all beautiful inside and out. Celebrate the women in your life this May! It will come back to you tenfold.
Along with the photos below here are some things I am grateful for as of late:
- Hubby is still in the running for his coveted position (cross your fingers and send positive thoughts please!)
- Kiddos are on the mend once again but thankfully nothing serious
- Wonderful family and friends who have been so supportive and helpful to us lately, we don’t know what we would do without you
- Star Wars (odd I know but it keeps the boys quiet and entranced so I can write in peace )
- That we are still making a go of it and the house is almost ready to list
- One of my best friends in the whole world has bought a home close by (we met as neighbours and I was heartbroken when we had to move), I will be so happy to have her closer than ever once again!
- The weather finally seems to be favouring spring (as much as I love the snow, it’s time for those April showers to produce some May flowers)
- Warmer weather has brought about more inquiries, which I hope in turn will allow me to do more of what I love; producing long-lasting visual memories for my clients
- Warmer weather has also put a spring in my step and a burst of energy which reminds me of the following quote:
It was an ideal spring day, a light blue sky, flecked with little fleecy white clouds drifting across from west to east. The sun was shining very brightly, and yet there was an exhilarating nip in the air, which set an edge to a man’s energy. ~Arthur Conan Doyle
I hope you are enjoying the warm kiss of the sun wherever you may be!